Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PARODY: Blessed Assurance

For some reason, this just popped in my head today.  I know it's an old favorite I lampoon here, but there are some days where the lightning will just have to strike me before I'll learn.  *wink*


Blessed Assurance
a parody of the spiritual song
of the same name

1. Blessed assurance: look at me shine!
Dare I presume that the Savior is mine?
Such narcissism, arrogance true--
As if the Lord needs aught I can do.  (refrain)

(refrain) This is my story.  Can it be wrong
Stoking my ego all the day long?
This is my story.  Can it be wrong
Stoking my ego all the day long?

2. Perfect submission must be my lot.
You may be sinners, but surely I'm not.
Vanity, ego, pride for the win!
You may be tempted; I don't give in.  (refrain)

3. Burgeoning laurels: on them I rest.
Sinners are losers, so I must be best.
Jesus is nifty, if overblown.
Who needs His goodness? I have my own.  (refrain)


(c) Alan Kornacki, Jr.

No comments: