Friday, November 19, 2010

HYMN: Before I Formed You in the Womb I Knew You

Last year I wrote a hymn that I meant to make a statement about life issues.  It didn't turn out that way.  But into my head popped this, and I thought I would share.  I felt awkward writing from God's perspective, but most of this is directly from Scripture, so I won't worry that He's going to blow me to bits.  Your feedback would be appreciated.

By the way, the picture above is of Michael and Molly, two of my three children.  You wouldn't believe how they inspire me . . . unless you have children of your own, of course.   (Wow, do I sound old!)


Before I Formed You in the Womb I Knew You

1. Before I formed you in the Womb I knew you.
Conceived in sin, My Word of life still drew you.
Bought with a price, you are My holy treasure,
Loved beyond measure.

2. Lo, your first parents I made in My image,
And though their fall that kinship they did damage,
I made a promise: My Son would redeem them.
Thus I esteem them.

3. You are a temple of the Holy Spirit.
You are My own; the Kingdom you inherit.
You are My child and I your holy Father--
I and no other.

4. All life is Mine; I jealously possess it.
I gave you life, and with My Word I bless it.
My Word shall speak to unborn generations
Of their salvation.


(c) Alan Kornacki, Jr.
11 11 11 5
Tune: HERZLIEBSTER JESU (LSB 439)

No comments: