Sunday, February 08, 2009

My decision concerning the Call to Grace, El Paso

Since by now it has been announced to the Grace congregation in El Paso, Texas, I can now announce it publically. I have regretfully decided to decline the Divine Call to serve as their pastor. It was not an easy decision to make, and my heart bleeds for the Grace congregation. Please pray for this congregation, that they may receive a faithful pastor and persevere under difficult circumstances. They are not receiving much support from the people whose job it is to support them, and that made the decision to decline that much harder.

I imagine there are some people out there who can't understand why I'd decline a Call when I desire one so desperately. All I can say is that I honestly believe that the Lord wants me to be where I am right now. That could change tomorrow. Who knows but God? I'll leave that up to Him.


Thank you so much for your prayers for me throughout this process. God is good, and He will provide--both for me and for Grace.

2 comments:

Rev. Rick Stuckwisch said...

The Lord be with you, brother, and sustain you in His mercy as you live within your vocations.

Anonymous said...

Pr. Kornacki,
May you be a blessing where you are until God sends a Call where He would have you be.

I think I can understand about this one.

helen

So glad about your wife!
Her job isn't easy either.