Monday, April 08, 2013

Reviews for the Thy Strong Word trilogy

It's been over a year now since I released the first two books of the Thy Strong Word trilogy. Sales have been slow and somewhat steady, which is just about what I expected when I released them without an agent or publishing company behind them. With few exceptions I've been doing my own press--thanks go out to Mark Schlamann for all the shares on Facebook--and I'm not taking a lot of time out of my schedule for these books. After all, first and foremost, I am a parish pastor.

I've sent out a few copies of the novels to reviewers, however, and I wanted to share links to what has been written.

First is a review from the Reverend Paul J. Cain, Pastor of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Sheridan, Wyoming, Headmaster of Martin Luther Grammar School, Yellowstone Circuit Visitor (LCMS Wyoming District), a member of the Board of Directors of The Consortium for Classical and Lutheran Education, Wyoming District Worship Chairman, and editor of the blog Liturgy, Hymnody, and Pulpit Quarterly Book Review. (Wow, that's enough to tie my fingers in knots!) He reviewed the series as a whole in one shot.

Next is a set of reviews from Robin D. Fish, Jr., a friend and sometime colleague in the pastoral ministry and the keeper of the blog A Fort Made of Books. He reviewed the series as he read it, book to book. Here are his reviews of Love Divine, A Great and Mighty Wonder, and One Thing's Needful.

I have also received a couple reviews for each of my novels from paying customers, which you can access on my Amazon Author's Page.

Thank you to Paul, Robin, and everyone who has given time and effort to help me to grow as an author.


As always, if you would like to purchase any (or all!) of my novels in print or Kindle format, this link to my Amazon Author's Page will take you to the easiest place to acquire them. If you would like an autographed print edition of any of my novels, contact me via e-mail (revalkorn AT gmail DOT com) and we'll make some arrangement. And if you have a blog or an Amazon.com account and would like to review my work, I'm sure we can come to some understanding.

No comments: