Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is where the pastor goes all geek on y'all.

I've been playing video games for a long time. It all started with Pong, of course, and my first love was the Commodore 64, which I still contend had the best, most entertaining collection of video games. (Anyone have one they're trying to get rid of?)

But I always thought that the Nintendo Entertainment System was where I grew up as a gamer. The first game I beat was Super Mario Bros. But my favorite to play was Metroid. Pictured above is Samus Aran, the heroine of Metroid. And wasn't that a surprise?! Who knew that a girl could be a video game action figure instead of the damsel in distress?

Anyway, someone finally decided to bring the best of the NES into one game. Click here to play Super Mario Bros. Crossover! It has to be the coolest thing ever happen to video games!

2 comments:

Rev. James Leistico said...

I was just telling one of my college age members on Monday about my NES, and about Contra's "up up down down left right left right B A" code

Elephantschild said...

That code works in Google Reader, too. There's an easter egg.

I'm only 25% geek, because I didn't play game system games.

But I did (and still do to some extent) read lots of fantasy and play the old NetHack. :)