Sunday, February 03, 2013

2013 Reading List: January

I read a lot of books. I used to read a book or two each day. Being a parent has slowed my reading a bit, but I still read as much as I can. I have never kept track of my reading, though. Until now, that is. I made a conscious decision this year to track my reading. I'm not doing any challenges, and I haven't written any reviews. I just want to keep track of what I read. Some of these are research for novel ideas. Others were assigned for the hymnwriters conference. Still others were read to have something to read.

Anyway, here's my list for January:




  1. Zager, Daniel, ed. Hymns in the Life of the Church. Journal of the Good Shepherd Institute, Vol. 4. Fort Wayne: Concordia Theological Seminary Press, 2003.
  2. Lovelace, Austin C. The Anatomy of Hymnody. Chicago: GIA Publications, Inc., 1965.
  3. Reynolds, William J. and Price, Milburn. A Survey of Christian Hymnody. Third Edition. Carol Stream, Illinois: Hope Publishing Company, 1987.
  4. Hobbs, Eric. The Librarian—Book One: Little Lost Boy. Kindle Edition, 2011.
  5. Hobbs, Eric. The Librarian—Book Two: Unhappily Ever After. Kindle Edition, 2012.
  6. Bird, Chad L. Why Lutherans Sing What They Sing: An Apology for Lutheran Hymnody. Kewanee, Illinois: Evangelical-Lutheran Liturgical Press, 2003.
  7. Logia: A Journal of Lutheran Theology. “Hymnody & Confession of the Faith.” Volume III, Number 2: Eastertide/April 1994.
  8. Gregory the Great. Pastoral Care. Henry Davis, trans. Ancient Christian Writers, Volume 11. New York: Newman Press, 1978.
  9. Luther, Martin. Luther’s Works. Volume 53: Liturgy and Hymns. J.J. Pelikan, H. C. Oswald and H.T. Lehmann, eds. Philadelphia: Fortress Press.
  10.  Billington, Sarah. The Kiss Off. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  11. Jones, Jenny B. There You'll Find Me. Kindle edition. Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2011.
  12. Bourque, Stefan. My Name Is Joe. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2010.
  13. Crafton, Carrie. Snow Soldiers. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  14. Paris, Patricia. Letters to Gabriella. Glebe Point Cay series, book 2. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  15. Lutheran Theological Review. Volume 20, Academic Year 2007-2008.
  16. Burke, Rachel K. Finding Mia. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  17. Hamm, Amanda. The 4th Floor Lounge. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  18. Schalk, Carl. Praising God in Song. St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, 1993.
  19. Schurig, Rachel. In Search of a Love Story. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  20. Springer, Kristina. The Paparazzi Project. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
 



No comments: