Monday, October 04, 2010

PARODY: Hosanna (A Praise Song)

Lest y'all think I've gotten all stodgy and big-in-the-head since I started writing hymns, I'll post this to remind you of my humble roots as a parodist. Hat tip to Mark Buetow for the idea.


Hosanna (A Praise Song to the tune of "Rosanna" by Toto)

1. All I wanna do when confronted with Your glory is close my eyes. Hosanna! Hosanna!
Never thought that a Lord like You could ever care for me. Hosanna!
I love Your Bible but in the name of "love" I will compromise, Hosanna! Hosanna!
Never thought that hearing Law could make me feel so bad.

(bridge) Not quiet three years, then You went away. Hosanna, yeah.
Now You rose, and I have to say . . .

(chorus) Need you every day. Hosanna, yeah! (repeat)


2. Let me see Your face, now, shining like Transfiguration's mountainside. Hosanna! Hosanna!
Never knew disappointing You could ever hurt so bad.

No comments: