Friday, March 01, 2013

2013 Reading List: February

As I said last month, I read a lot of books. As of the end of February, I'm up to 40 for the year, and I think I'm a little slower this year. Whatever. In an effort to keep track of what I read this year, I'm posting my reading list. I don't necessarily recommend everything on my list. In fact, this month there is one in particular that I DON'T recommend...unless you were to use it as a primer for understanding the pro-death/euthanasia argument. I'll note that one in the list. And one I recommend in particular is Ido in Autismland, written by Ido Kedar, a 16 year-old non-speaking autistic boy.

Anyway, here's my list for February:



  1. Brees, Drew with Chris Fabry. Coming Back Stronger: Unleashing the Hidden Power of Adversity. Brees Company, Inc., 2010.
  2. Zager, Daniel, ed. Celebrating the Life and Hymns of Paul Gerhardt and Martin Franzmann. Journal of the Good Shepherd Institute, Vol. 8. Fort Wayne: Concordia Theological Seminary Press, 2007.
  3. Zager, Daniel, ed. Luther on Liturgy and Hymns. Journal of the Good Shepherd Institute, Vol. 6. Fort Wayne: Concordia Theological Seminary Press, 2005.
  4. Strom, Abigail. Cross My Heart. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2011.
  5. Veeck, Bill with Ed Linn. “Bill Veeck’s Crosstown Classic.” Veeck as in Wreck. Mary Frances Veeck and Ed Linn, 1962.
  6. Crane, Rebekah. Playing Nice. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2013. (Excellent)
  7. Rehder, Ben. The Driving Lesson. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012. (This book is a worldly defense for assisted suicide.)
  8. Cronin, Keith. Me Again. Muscovy House, 2012.
  9. Gow, Kailin. Never Say Never. “Never Knights,” book 1. The Edge, 2012.
  10. Gow, Kailin. Never Land. “Never Knights,” book 2. The Edge, 2012.
  11. Kedar, Ido. Ido in Autismland: Climbing out of Autism’s Silent Prison. Kindle Edition, 2012. (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!)
  12. Lind, Valia. Simplicity. A-Argue Better Book Publishers, 2012.
  13. Kornacki, Alan. One Thing’s Needful. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012. (I find my narcissism knows no bounds. Yet I remain so humble that my modesty is a beacon in this dark night of vanity and arrogance.)
  14. Chan, Jason W. Meet Me at Taylor Park. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2011. (Did not finish--very poorly written)
  15. Sawyer, Avery. Notes to Self. Laura Schafer, 2011.
  16. Murphy, Monica. One Week Girlfriend. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2013. (Too much gratuitous sex)
  17. Sharp, Tracy. Repo Chick Blues. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2010. (Too much gratuitous sex)
  18. Wilk, Darian. Reinventing Claire. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  19. Appel, Liz. Save Me. Self-Published Kindle edition, 2012.
  20. Yu, Rachel. How to Be a Super Villain. Michael Yu, 2011.
 

No comments: